The North American Reptile Dealers Conference & Trade Show is the world’s largest traveling reptile conference. During its third year in Anaheim, CA the producers of the event looked to Winger Marketing to increase visibility and attendance. While the target audience of the show is reptile enthusiasts, Winger needed to look beyond traditional trade outreach and boost attendance.
North American Reptile Breeders Conference:
- Winger developed an innovative advertising campaign to publicize the event to the masses, particularly families with young children. Complimentary tickets were distributed to local Boy and Girl Scout troops as well as local elementary schools to increase family attendance.
- An eye-catching billboard with vibrant reptiles was strategically placed on a popular highway.
- Winger partnered with the popular local radio station KROQ to develop several spots which publicized the show. KROQ distributed tickets to its listeners through promotions and giveaways.
- The show commissioned two prominent UFC wrestlers to appear, expanding their reach to a complementary audience. Winger then embarked on a viral marketing campaign to alert fans through online fan outlets.
- A public relations program with comprehensive press kits and B-roll of the highly visual event alerted the press. Persistent follow-ups kept journalists and television outlets apprised of the upcoming show.
- An interactive e-newsletter was created and distributed to heighten awareness and build chatter.
- The Anaheim conference saw an increase of 13 percent in ticket sales at the event with record-breaking sales for the vendors.
- Winger secured prominent television appearances prior to the event.
- The Reptile Conference was publicized in several key print outlets, including a cover story in the Orange County Register.
- The Conference’s tour dates continue to be a success.