Maximizing a marketing budget during a recession is imperative to the long-term health of a company. After relocating their headquarters to Chicago, the executives and the marketing director at Ziegler had the foresight to note that the only way to successfully continue increasing the company’s presence and media coverage was by maximizing the existing human resources. They needed to train the marketing department to incorporate public relations into the investment firm’s overall marketing strategy.
- Train the team to think like PR strategists.
- Create a custom public relations training program that both mid and senior level staff would find meaningful.
- Outline the basics of PR, Media Relations, Crisis PR and Social Media.
- Study and analyze real life PR case studies and existing PR issues at the company.
- Create a PR plan for each area of specialty.
- Work with small groups of staff on current PR issues and develop a strategy.
- The staff now has a PR road map and work plan for each specialty area.
- The company has learned to leverage PR industry tools and increase their exposure.
- The company has a crisis PR plan and process in place should they ever need it.
- The marketing department created a methodology to value its work and consistently demonstrate return on investment to the CEO.